Thursday 4 November 2010

Something involving water, spaceships, and wobbly cameras.

Here's the final, 7+ hours rendering of my little practice session in Max.

3ds Max practice from Dan Routledge on Vimeo.


I went for a sunset kind of feel, being a sucker for how the light from the Daylight system reflected from the water. Played with the cameras a bit, too, having a bit of interaction between the moving ship and the camera, causing it to shake out of alignment in the draft. The animation part was quite fun, though I am missing out on being able to 'ease' animations, which makes for some more jaunty movements.

Also, I try a little to use the rule of thirds in this with regards to camera positioning. How successful I was is up to you.

Overall though, for a simple practice clip, I was happy with how it turned out, and learned a lot of things in the process.

In other news, my illness is still ongoing, with my throat feeling like it's being punched every time I swallow. Hopefully it should clear up over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment